Why do you Blog?
- Why blog? So people can read what the voices in my head are tellin me!
jimconn, Tue 24 Feb 14:39
- To reflect, to share, to get feedback
lorisheldon, Tue 24 Feb 14:41
- To solicit feedback and to share.
principalwells, Tue 24 Feb 14:45
- Blog for reflection.
klistar, Tue 24 Feb 14:48
- Widen the horizons, keep abreast of new technologies, find meaingful links and friends...
quoteflections, Tue 24 Feb 14:49
- A blog keeps all of my important thoughts in one place. I can go back and see what I thought 5 years ago.
jfreisen, Tue 24 Feb 15:04
- Blogging improves my thinking by forcing me to explain my ideas coherently...//
demetri, Tue 24 Feb 15:52
- I blog because it keeps my ideas sharp and helps them evolve. Part of ongoing reflective practice.
alanajames, Tue 24 Feb 15:53
Why do you Twitter?
- To find out what's going on at all the conferences I miss (and for the back channel conversation if I'm there)
ellenchisa, Wed 25 Feb 10:24
- It is my really smart, global teacher's lounge.
capohanka, Wed 25 Feb 10:24
- Access to some of the best thinkers I know!
ScottElias, Wed 25 Feb 10:26
- To learn outside my comfort zone...
Cassyt, Wed 25 Feb 10:26
- I get great ideas from intelligent people around the world, use them to answer my questions, and share my ideas.
sethdenney, Wed 25 Feb 10:27
- To gain ideas for better learning in the classroom.
heza, Wed 25 Feb 10:28
- I use twitter cause I like the sharing in a community and accessing experts in tech and education. Helps to keep me up-to-date.
tomshepp, Wed 25 Feb 10:29
- Because the public feed and Twitscoop give me the pulse of the world!
JMGubbins, Wed 25 Feb 10:29
- I Twitter because my friends and much knowledge are just a click away.
OCTechguy, Web 25 Feb 10:29
- I tweet to send, steal and share ideas with a diverse and global PLN that I could never re-create face to face.
kellyhines, Web 25 Feb 10:29
- I Twitter because I can share an idea for my classroom or get an idea from hundreds of other history teachers -- collaborate or die.
ELanghorst, Wed 25 Feb 10:30
- It provides one piece of the puzzle of what I should be reading, watching, thinking and talking about.
robinbeaver, Wed 25 Feb 10:30
- I twitter because I realize that ideas from a community are powerful. Having a source of instant feedback is tremendously useful.
cookp, Wed 25 Feb 10:30
- Twitter provides me with instant answers and answers to questions I hadn't thought about asking.
joebjr, Wed 25 Feb 10:31
- To keep informed, to be challenged and (I hope) to be of some help to others.
NeilAdam, Wed 25 Feb 10:32
- I twitter because I connect, learn from, and share with teachers (who) are innovators in educational technology.
teacherkab, Wed 25 Feb 10:32
- I twitter to stay connected with and learn from those in my field. I get answers and ideas from a brilliant network of people.
dehohulin, Wed 25 Feb 10:32
- I just used Twitter to solve a tech problem in another teacher's classroom.
wmchamberlain, Wed 25 Feb 10:33
- I twitter for the support, resources and ideas.
asbella, Web 25 Feb 10:34
- I Twitter beause I believe in the "share first" concept of professional growth.
nashworld, Wed 25 Feb 10:34
- My PLN (Twitter) gives me a bigger brain. Collective knowledge at my fingertips (literally)
imccoog, Wed 25 Feb 10:35
- Instant answers from experts.
jorech, Wed 25 Feb 10:35
- I Twitter to connect to other instr Techies - I get ideas to share w/ teachers I assist & often get help when stuck.
brandiehatch, Wed 25 Feb 10:37
- I Twitter for intellectual sanity.
dennisar, Wed 25 Feb 10:39
- Education (especially ed tech) is a lonely field. Twitter helps me ask questions, vent, and share with like minded folks.
isenbergs, Wed 25 Feb 10:39
- I use twitter because I am a connected, lifelong learner.
cbell619, Wed 25 Feb 10:39
- I Twitter because there is no limit to learning.
mmossman, Web 25 Feb 10:40
- Twitter is a FUN and powerful PLN that makes PD possible 24 hours a day! It is the fastest way to learn new information and tools.
SuzanBrandt, Wed 25 Feb 10:41
- Why Twitter? Because that's where my co-learners are.
thecleversheep, Wed 25 Feb 10:42
- I twitter to learn from others who do similar jobs that I do.
lsadler, Wed 25 Feb 10:43
- I Twitter to group-process topics of interest.
jcole816, Wed 25 Feb 10:46
- Twitter takes my reach and mind to places and possibilities I never visioned before. Reflective time is needed to value each.
dougpete, Wed 25 Feb 10:46
- Getting up to the minute news, ideas, and resources, and connecting with others on the same.
ncara, Wed 25 Feb 10:46
- To top the energy and expertise of others, especially when mine is tapped out. And vice versa, I hope!
- I do not get to go to the FUN tech conferences due to $ so this is how I know what others are doing using tech in the classroom!
amandacdykes, Wed 25 Feb 10:48
- Twitter allows for "social learning." I'm trying to get teachers (to) realize this is for our students. It works for me-why not for them?
jodyconrad, Wed 25 Feb 10:48
- To find ideas (tools, websites, etc) for integrating technology, making connections with others to plan projects, and get support.
kditzler, Wed 25 Feb 10:49
- To keep pulse on what others in ed are dealing with.
mhtalbut, Wed 25 Feb 10:52
- I use Twitter to make connections, share ideas and resources, and grow educationally.
jmachemer, Wed 25 Feb 10:53
- Twitter = Exponential professional research network.
Dsalvucci, Wed 25 Feb 11:01
- To know that I am not alone and to gain a different perspective. Helps me break out of the silo the system has put me in!
theresagray, Wed 25 Feb 11:02
- It has opened me up to a whole world of great minds that share a common interest. And share is the key.
Horizons93, Wed 25 Feb 11:03
- Twitter = making connections!
- I use twitter to follow and learn from friends, companies, news, and more also to share great Web 2.0 tools for education.
ccapozzoli, Wed 25 Feb 11:18
- To continue learning about ways technology can positively influence my teaching and PD offerings.
lparren, Wed 25 Feb 11:31
- ...introduced Twitter at Naace in Torquay. I joined on my iPhone during your talk. I cannot describe how much I've learned since.
brian_smith, Wed 25 Feb 11:31
- I use twitter to connect...with ideas, people and the world...it's just too simple.
jeffwhipple, Wed 25 Feb 11:33
- I Twitter to let others know what I'm learning & to learn from others
k20, Wed 25 Feb 11:40
- twitter is the quickest way to get a little and give a little in my PLN.
pgalland, Wed 25 Feb 11:43
- I Twitter to learn.
DearLibrariAnn, Wed 25 Feb 11:45
- Y Twitter? Information and communication at the speed of now.
williebee, Wed 25 Feb 12:16
- I twitter because it connects me with instant contact with my PLN.
zeitz, Web 25 Feb 12:39
- ..to learn how others are utilizing technology as well as the latest trends and resources.
sbryan26, Wed 25 Feb 12:57
- Twitter is my one stop shop-keeping up with friends, news, and gurus.
trumon, Wed 25 Feb 12:57
Why do I Second Life?
- SL has extended my cultural, social and learning network exponentially. Bestpart? Grown-ups remembering how to have fun!36 minutes ago from TweetDeck
- Hey Dave, I have an account but my poor connection speed means I can't use it effectively most times. Is this the digital divide?about 2 hours ago from TwitterFox in reply to dwarlick
- When I log into Second Life it is for Professional Development sessions, i.e. DEN, ISTE, etc.about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick
- I visit second life because I'm having trouble with my first . . . :)about 3 hours ago from TwitterFox in reply to dwarlick
- Don't visit often but when I do it's to attend sessions and interact with people.about 3 hours ago from twhirl in reply to dwarlick
- I don't. Any learning experience I've seen in SL I've seen in areas of the internet with less bandwidth/load times/NSFW content.about 4 hours ago from web in reply to dwarlick
- I like SL for virtual meetings, the opp's to build and create, but most esp for kids who have special communication needs.about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick
- Have you seen this to help new teachers see the value of twitter? http://gr8tweets.wikispaces... Intro: http://snurl.com/cpecaabout 4 hours ago from twhirl
- Another reason for second life, I can be tall, have great hair, and cool clothes for free! (plus great PD opportunities)about 4 hours ago from web in reply to dwarlick
- I go for PD ... no time to play there :0(about 4 hours ago from TwitterFox in reply to dwarlick
- A neat-o distraction, but still a distraction.about 4 hours ago from TwitterFon in reply to dwarlick
- I visit SL for PD purposes. Don't have time to play, only connect.about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick
- I don't. I'm going to take some heat for this, I'm sure, but I find SL to be mostly a distraction.about 4 hours ago from TwitterFon in reply to dwarlick
- Because I can fly in SL, why else? Oh yeah, going to presentations, SIM islands & talking with other educators is pretty cool too.about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick
- 2nd life is a great way to meet f2f with one or more people when you physically can't meet f2f in world. Amazing PD opportunities!about 4 hours ago from web in reply to dwarlick
- SL is a horrid piece of software. Slow, taxing on system & network. An admin nightmare. The idea is good, but the execution stinksabout 4 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick
- I'm learning to use second life as a way to extend my PLN that makes deeper connections. I'm also looking at it as a way to do PD.about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to dwarlick